Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Well yesterday was Sunday,
not just ANY sunday,it was mother's day!
and i thought id do something sweet for my mom
thus i decided to treat her for dinner :)
with my meagre sum of money in my POSB savings.lol

we head off to the seafood hawker centre
in our neighbourhood after my parents came back from work.
we sat down and looked through the menu,
picked out prawns,beef,tofu,some baby "kai lan"
and not forgetting Crabs!!

i was really excited cos it was MY treat
it was my first time treating my parents too.
as you know,we NSF have quite a pathetic amount of allowance.
aniway that wasnt my point.
my point is,it was really special for me
and i wanted everything to go well.

but things didnt turn out the way i expected.
the prawns arrived
and when my parents ate them,
they commented on how it wasnt fresh and all
and that my sister and I should have order it steamed
and they went on and on about it.
i was a little upset at it but i didnt show it.

Then came the crab,
we ordered crab bee hoon
and my parents and sis took some of it
while i was still enjoying the tofu we ordered earlier.
saving the best or last
and before i even got to have a taste of the crab
my dad told us not to eat it as it wasnt fresh
and that they served a dead crab and that the meat was stale

at that point it really got me.
i felt as though it was my fault that the dinner was a screw up
i carried such a happy heart hoping my parents would enjoy it
and now it was all ruined.
cos i ordered the wrong dishes.
i kept reminding myself that it was Mother's day
and that i shouldnt put up a sulky face
thus i went to the washroom hoping to calm myself down.

when i came out my parents were trying to console me
that it wasnt my fault that the food was bad
and that my mom was happy
and she appreciated my efforts in having this dinner

we ended up having a refund for the crab
and with me having a heavy heart.
it was a sad night for me.
felt so bad.

i just wanted it to be special.

No comments: