Monday, October 24, 2011

My dad was driving me back to NTU just now
and i mentioned that what a pity it was to just "kill" the car now that 10 years is up
i said that then i'd no car to drive even if i get my license.
when he heard that he said maybe we'd get a second hand car
or renew the COE
and he mentioned how we've been using this car for all these years
how he would drive me around
ever since i was in primary school,
then to secondary school
then to junior college
then to National Service
and now even when I'm in University,
daddy still drives me to school.

tears came to my eyes
as i thought about how fast time flies
and how daddy never complaint at all
how he doted on me
the love he expressed through such actions.
i didn't let him see my tears though
just like how he'd never let us see the sadness he has inside

as i alighted at my hall
i said to him "drive slowly dad"
and as he reversed his car i waved to him goodbye
and i know he must be very happy
as he waved back to me in the car.
after all,when the ones you love appreciate what you did for them
you'd feel like its all worth it


thank you daddy

No comments: