Sunday, September 12, 2010

Army Half Marathon

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run
Army Half Marathon 2010

We started off at arnd 5:45am,
George,Junbin and myself
haha we had a pact to complete the race together
this 21KM run

for the first 13KM,
it was all cool
but after that,my legs started to give me problems
having cramps every now and then
ended up walking for the rest of the journey
had to stop quite often as my calves was extremely tight
and very tense.
throughout the whole 21KM
george and junbin never left my sight
they were there running by my side
even at the last 500m
where i was really exhausted,
and i actually yelled at george to go on without me
but still,they never gave up on me
was really touched by their act

felt like fainting after the run
and my vision started to become super weird
everything was extremly bright
especially everyone's face
think i overexerted myself :(

after which,
went off together with junbin,leslie,siong yong,leonard and joel
to marina square to get something to eat
everything was alright until i reached esplande
and this excruciating pain in my calves and tighs
caused me to let out a horribly loud yell
and collapsed flat on the ground
it was so fucking painful
the sudden pull of the muscles
and even my feet wasnt spared
it was definitely one of my most painful moments
thankfully,Junbin and Leslie were there to help me out
the both helped to stretch out my legs
until the point were i could walk(or limp) on my own
they even helped to call out to a couple who were giving out Salonpas sample
haha the girl was like spamming the spray on my legs

managed to hail a cab with joel back home
thankfully my legs didnt act up again in the cab
otherwise i really wouldnt know what to do

The run today was excruciating
with all the chain of events that happened to me
and i wasnt in the best of health before the run
but it was definitely something id never want to forget
the friends that were there for me

if it wasnt for them
i would be here resting at home
safe and sound

Dont look down on this peice of thing,you've no idea what i went through just for this





"Hey we made a pact.
Its called honour.
Friendship is more important than a timing.
No question to that."

No comments: